In roofing, a drip edge flashing is a metal lip that’s custom fabricates to keep shingles up off of the roof deck at the edges. It helps extend the skingles out over the eaves. Not all roofers install drip edges. Yet, this flashing helps stop water from getting behind any fascia board. Some contractors say its a waste of money, even though drip edges are incredibly inexpensive.
Drip edges help prevent roof rot at the fascia, eaves and rakes. Drip edges are so useful they can increase the long-term value of the home by helping roofs last longer. Still, it’s important to adhere to the installation sequence of flashing in regards to underlayment. See, it’s important to install the drip edge in compliance with requirements. A poorly installed drip edge can make matters worse.
CONTACT ENDUREED FOR A SAMPLE OR CONSULTATION
Whether you’re interested in roofing an indoor gazebo or an entire hotel, we’d love to help you choose the right product for the job.
Check out our synthetic thatch roofing materials now to find one that’s right for you:
- Capetown– A trimmed, coarsely textured, longer reed. Replicates African Yellow Grass or “Cape Reed” that replicates the typical African style thatching.
- Kilimanjaro– A heavy reed replicating a traditional weathered, Tanzanian cape reed roof.
- Somerset– A closely tapered, slightly weathered appearing shingle. Replicates a typical, hand trimmed European thatching.
- Kona– A combination of wide leaf and smaller grass reed. Replicates the look of Hawaiian “Pili Grass” and Asian Alang-Alang grass thatching.
- Dominica– A synthetic palm leaf style thatching. Replicates palm leaves commonly used in tropical regions throughout the world.
- Bali– A finer, loosely tapered, slightly longer shingle designed to resemble the appearance of East Asian grass thatching.
- Viva Series– An especially economical synthetic palm thatch.
Plus, we’d be happy to show you how Endureed can provide you with the perfect synthetic thatch roofing for your needs. So, call us at 877-784-2824 or get in touch with us online to learn more. You can also view the technical specs on each of our roofing products by creating a free Endureed user account now.