A roof deck is the material between the structural components of the roof and the weatherproofing layer of the roof. So, you’ll find the roof deck between the trusses and joists and insulation and the coatings, underlayment, shingles, etc.. In other words, a roof deck is the flat layer of material that everything is placed on above the actual trusses and joists.
Many types of roof decks exist. For example, you’ll find wood, cement, steel and concrete decks. On residential buildings, roofers usually use plywood or groove wood for roof decks. On industrial buildings, roofers sometimes use cement, concrete or steel. It really depends on whether equipment like circulation pumps, air conditioners or other heavy items end up on the roof. Obviously, a rooftop swimming pool needs much more than plywood for support. Sometimes roofs feature walking decks, so the material used beneath the weatherproofing materials needs to be extra strong to handle extra weight and traffic.
CONTACT ENDUREED FOR A SAMPLE OR CONSULTATION
Whether you’re interested in roofing an indoor gazebo or an entire hotel, we’d love to help you choose the right product for the job.
Check out our synthetic thatch roofing materials now to find one that’s right for you:
- Capetown– A trimmed, coarsely textured, longer reed. Replicates African Yellow Grass or “Cape Reed” that replicates the typical African style thatching.
- Kilimanjaro– A heavy reed replicating a traditional weathered, Tanzanian cape reed roof.
- Somerset– A closely tapered, slightly weathered appearing shingle. Replicates a typical, hand trimmed European thatching.
- Kona– A combination of wide leaf and smaller grass reed. Replicates the look of Hawaiian “Pili Grass” and Asian Alang-Alang grass thatching.
- Dominica– A synthetic palm leaf style thatching. Replicates palm leaves commonly used in tropical regions throughout the world.
- Bali– A finer, loosely tapered, slightly longer shingle designed to resemble the appearance of East Asian grass thatching.
- Viva Series– An especially economical synthetic palm thatch.
Plus, we’d be happy to show you how Endureed can provide you with the perfect synthetic thatch roofing for your needs. So, call us at 877-784-2824 or get in touch with us online to learn more. You can also view the technical specs on each of our roofing products by creating a free Endureed user account now.