This spring, hurricane scientists at Colorado State University predicted an above-average 2018 Atlantic hurricane season in 2018. The researchers forecast 14 named storms. They said that of those 14 expected named tropical storms in the Atlantic, around seven will become hurricanes. Plus, they expect that three of the anticipated seven Atlantic hurricanes in 2018 will reach major hurricane strength. A major hurricane would include a Category 3, 4 or 5 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale. They expect three hurricanes in the Atlantic to achieve sustained winds of at least 111 mph this hurricane season.
They blame a low likelihood of a significant El Niño effect. NOAA also released its forecast. NOAA predicts a more active Atlantic hurricane season as well. They say there’s a 75 percent chance of above-normal or near-normal Atlantic hurricane season. They factored in current sea surface temperatures and seasonal wind speeds too.
Since many of our clients purchased our durable thatched roofs, we know that this news will be less concerning to them. See, a strong roof on a resort, hotel or business usually means less commercial downtime than the neighbors after a strong hurricane.
CONTACT ENDUREED FOR A SAMPLE OR CONSULTATION
Interested in roofing an umbrella for your backyard or an entire hotel? We’d love to help you choose the right product for your specific needs.
Check out our synthetic thatch roofing materials now. One is certainly right for you:
- Capetown– A trimmed, coarsely textured, longer reed. Replicates African Yellow Grass or “Cape Reed” that replicates the typical African style thatching.
- Kilimanjaro– A heavy reed replicating a traditional weathered, Tanzanian cape reed roof.
- Somerset– A closely tapered, slightly weathered appearing shingle. Replicates a typical, hand trimmed European thatching.
- Kona– A combination of wide leaf and smaller grass reed. Replicates the look of Hawaiian “Pili Grass” and Asian Alang-Alang grass thatching.
- Dominica– A synthetic palm leaf style thatching. Replicates palm leaves commonly used in tropical regions throughout the world.
- Bali– A finer, loosely tapered, slightly longer shingle designed to resemble the appearance of East Asian grass thatching.
- Viva Series– An especially economical synthetic palm thatch.
We’d love to show you how Endureed can provide you with your perfect synthetic thatch product.