Wind ratings on roofing products are often overlooked or misunderstood. Yet, they are important for determining if a product is suitable for a particular structure. If a structure is located in a setting or location susceptible to high winds or high uplift pressures, it’s important to know the wind rating. The rating conveys how much force a roofing material can withstand.
Some people believe that a wind rating is based on actual wind speeds alone. In reality, a wind rating classification correlates to uplift pressures in pounds per square foot, not on wind speeds in miles per hour! This is a common error made by building owners and even some DIY enthusiasts.
For more details about wind ratings, specifically, how civil engineers determine the needs of an individual roof, check out an earlier blog post.
CONTACT ENDUREED FOR A SAMPLE OR CONSULTATION
Whether you’re interested in roofing an indoor gazebo or an entire hotel, we’d love to help you choose the right product for the job.
Check out our synthetic thatch roofing materials now to find one that’s right for you:
- Capetown– A trimmed, coarsely textured, longer reed. Replicates African Yellow Grass or “Cape Reed” that replicates the typical African style thatching.
- Kilimanjaro– A heavy reed replicating a traditional weathered, Tanzanian cape reed roof.
- Somerset– A closely tapered, slightly weathered appearing shingle. Replicates a typical, hand trimmed European thatching.
- Kona– A combination of wide leaf and smaller grass reed. Replicates the look of Hawaiian “Pili Grass” and Asian Alang-Alang grass thatching.
- Dominica– A synthetic palm leaf style thatching. Replicates palm leaves commonly used in tropical regions throughout the world.
- Bali– A finer, loosely tapered, slightly longer shingle designed to resemble the appearance of East Asian grass thatching.
- Viva Series– An especially economical synthetic palm thatch.
Plus, we’d be happy to show you how Endureed can provide you with the perfect synthetic thatch roofing for your needs. So, call us at 877-784-2824 or get in touch with us online to learn more. You can also view the technical specs on each of our roofing products by creating a free Endureed user account now.