When you are applying Endureed synthetic thatch shingles to a corner on a hip roof, there might not always be pre-punched holes available where you need them. What then? Well, when applying our shingles at the corners of a hip roof, nail holes can be drilled directly through the binder strip. Also, the installer may staple the shingles where needed. To staple, installers should use pneumatic narrow crown stainless steel staples. (Don’t worry, pneumatic staples are staples driven by air staplers. They are commonly used with wood, metal, and other tough materials during roofing or flooring projects.)
Normally, when fastening thatch shingles, use a minimum of three roofing nails through the pre-punched holes in the binder strip. Also, when installing shingles at the corners of a hip roof, be sure to bend the Endureed shingle to conform to hip nicely. Plus, install each shingle spaced evenly. Be sure to allow for two hip courses to one field course.
CONTACT ENDUREED FOR A SAMPLE OR CONSULTATION
Whether you’re interested in roofing an indoor gazebo or an entire hotel, we’d love to help you choose the right product for the job.
Check out our synthetic thatch roofing materials now to find one that’s right for you:
- Capetown– A trimmed, coarsely textured, longer reed. Replicates African Yellow Grass or “Cape Reed” that replicates the typical African style thatching.
- Kilimanjaro– A heavy reed replicating a traditional weathered, Tanzanian cape reed roof.
- Somerset– A closely tapered, slightly weathered appearing shingle. Replicates a typical, hand trimmed European thatching.
- Kona– A combination of wide leaf and smaller grass reed. Replicates the look of Hawaiian “Pili Grass” and Asian Alang-Alang grass thatching.
- Dominica– A synthetic palm leaf style thatching. Replicates palm leaves commonly used in tropical regions throughout the world.
- Bali– A finer, loosely tapered, slightly longer shingle designed to resemble the appearance of East Asian grass thatching.
- Viva Series– An especially economical synthetic palm thatch.
Plus, we’d be happy to show you how Endureed can provide you with the perfect synthetic thatch roofing for your needs. So, call us at 877-784-2824 or get in touch with us online to learn more. You can also view the technical specs on each of our roofing products by creating a free Endureed user account now.